Preparing Your Car
- Make sure your car has enough antifreeze.
- Make sure your vehicles fluids are all set.
- Keep your vehicles gas tank at least half full to avoid gas line from freezing.
- Make sure to warm your car up before you take off.
On the Move
- Make sure to remove all the snow from windows, mirrors, and lights.
- Make sure to always wear your seatbelt.
- Make sure all your tires are properly inflated.
- Make sure to accelerate and decelerate slowly.
- When driving, don’t power up hills too quickly.
- Allow more time in the morning for traveling.
- Reduce your speed when driving in winter weather.
- When driving your vehicle in the winter, leave room for a longer brake distances.
- Be aware of your surroundings and others on the road, as well as salt trucks and snow plows.