A finished basement can make the difference between a space you tolerate to a space that works perfectly for your family's needs. Knowing when it’s time to finish your basement can be a very personal decision: it takes an understanding of how you want the space to function, which products work best in a basement, and a thorough project plan complete with budgets, timelines, and clear expectations.
We offer basement finishing services in Olathe and throughout Johnson County for the same reason we take exemplary care of your outdoor spaces: we believe that making your home both beautiful and functional will help you enjoy your time there more with family. Because our core values are family, faith, and community, helping you work toward the goal of creating a space that fosters family time together, increased efficiency, and a better use of your living space fits perfectly in our ever-evolving business. We are always looking for ways to innovate so we can better serve our community and our clients.
If you’re unsure if you’re ready to tackle a basement remodeling or a basement finishing project, you might consider the following:
- Studies have shown that finishing your basement can be an excellent investment. In fact, on average, a finished basement will give a rate of return of 70 to 75% of your investment. This means that for every $1,000 you spend on a basement refinishing project, whether in Olathe, KS or elsewhere in Johnson County, you can expect a return of $70-$75 when you sell your home.
- Finishing your basement can give you extra living space. Just like an enclosed porch or an outdoor kitchen, a newly finished basement turns a space that is often used for storage or laundry into a space in which your family can actually live. This means they can spend time there doing whatever they want: relaxing, enjoying meals, watch TV or movies, or anything else you enjoy doing together.
- Finishing your basement can give you room for interests and hobbies. In addition to giving you additional living space, a basement finishing project in Olathe can create spaces for your family that are tailored to your particular interests. For example, if you’re a musician, you can build a sound-proofed studio in your finished basement. Or, if you’re an artist, you can build an art studio. You might also choose to build a library, a game room, a movie theater, or anything else that piques your interest
When you are ready to begin the process, we’d love to work with you on your basement finishing project.
Maximize Home Value: Olathe Basement Remodel Services for All
Generally, basements are often looked down upon several times in house design and restoration. On the other hand, an Olathe basement remodel service by Huston Contracting Inc. offers standard living space to your home while enhancing its treasure.
Here are some things to look for when you are looking for a basement remodel in Olathe.
Basement Finishing Tips and Techniques
1. Make a Design & Layout Plan
It is important to note and draw every layout and design of your new area before starting with any remodeling work. Examine how you want to use it and take advantage of the available space.
Are you planning to install a home theatre or convert it into a kids’ playroom or a guest room? With the help of our expert advice, we design the place after you have a clear mind about your goals and wants.
2. Look for Structural Issues
Basements are prone to dampness and structural issues, so it’s crucial to solve these before reconstructing your basement. Look out for water damages and leaks, and consider adding trustworthy piping solutions, if required. If your basement has low ceilings or load-bearing walls, you may need to strengthen the foundation or install extra support beams.
3. Think About your Lighting Options
Basements can be gloomy and drab, but the appropriate lighting can transform the space. To lighten up the room, consider installing recessed lighting or track lighting. You also wish to install a window or two to bring in more natural light.
4. Choose Long-lasting Materials
Basements can be humid and prone to moisture, so choosing durable and moisture-resistant materials for refurbishment is critical. Consider replacing the carpet with vinyl or tile flooring, and pick water-resistant materials such as mold-resistant drywall.
5. Install Insulation
Basements may be very cold, especially in the winter. Insulating your walls and ceiling may help keep your room warm and comfortable. Huston Contracting Inc. can help you save money on energy by avoiding heat loss in Olathe basement remodel services.
6. Think About Your Storage Alternatives
Basements are frequently used for storage, but this does not imply that style should be sacrificed for practicality. We, Huston Contracting Inc. install built-in shelves or cabinets to increase storage space while keeping your basement beautiful and well-organized.
7. Don’t Avoid Overlooking Safety:
Check that your basement remodeling complies with all safety laws and requirements. This might involve the installation of exit windows, smoke detectors, and carbon monoxide detectors. Huston Contracting Inc uses Olathe basement finish services to install a security system to protect your family secure.
Get Olathe Basement Finish With Us Right Away!
Finally, finishing or remodeling your basement will raise the value of your property by introducing multiple living spaces. Get your hands on Huston Contracting Inc to help you plan your layout and design, handle any structural issues, select lasting materials, add insulation, and think about safety and storage alternatives. Your completed basement may become your family's favorite area in the house with proper planning and execution.